Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 35

Today was long-run day and I managed to do the whole 19.5km. However, my knee issues were back. At almost the same distance as last week (14K), it started to hurt again, just like last week. Unlike last week, I forced myself to finish, although the last 5K was more walking than running, but at least I got the distance in. The good news is that next weekend is only 14K, so I should be ok!!

I've spoken with a few people about the pain I'm having and it seems pretty clear that I have runner's knee. I've gone online and googled it and found some exercises to do. I've e-mailed them to the people who have actually seen a physiotherapist to see if they're similar to what they had to do. From what most people tell me, this is a pretty easy condition to treat so hopefully I'll be fine in a couple of weeks. I'm glad next week is a shorter long run (relatively speaking) though.

Three weeks till the Chilly Half! Three months is a long time for me to go between races... I tend to sign up for them much more often so that I stay motivated. Looking forward to the Chilly but I hope I can get my knee issues under control by then...

No comments: