Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 28

Today was my long run day. I was supposed to do 18 but only managed 15. We were running on trails and there were lots of areas that weren't very well cleared so the footing was a bit tricky. Unfortunately, I think I was using some different muscles than I'm used to so I started getting a nagging pain in my right knee. By the 14K mark, it was starting to feel like it was going to give out on me with every step. I tried stopping and stretching and walking for a bit but it was just hurting too much to keep going. At 15.5K, we flagged a cab and came home.

I'm going that it was just a cramp or something from using different muscles. It's still a bit sore now though and what is kind of worrying me is that it seems to hurt worse when I go downstairs. As I recall it, when my sister, Mel, started having knee problems that was where she was noticing the pain first as well so I hope I haven't done whatever she did...fingers crossed!

No running tomorrow...I'm polar bear dipping instead!

No comments: