Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 61

Yikes! I realized today that I'm darn near halfway through my training program!! After this week, I'll officially be past the halfway point. I am scared.

I wasn't too good with my training this week, mainly because my legs were still a bit sore until today from the race on the weekend. But really, that was just an excuse. I could easily have gone out and done the 6.5K I was supposed to do yesterday and that probably would have helped my legs. I did get out today and do 12K so I'm feeling good about that. This weekend my long run is 18K and next week is 27K (yuck!).

Overall, I've been being fairly good...ie. getting out 3 days a week. What worries me is that I'm already following a very conservative program so it concerns me a bit that cutting back on it at all is going to be a problem. However... I still have 9 weeks to go. That's plenty of time to get my a$$ in gear and start sticking to my plan faithfully. And I haven't been missing my long runs, which I figure are probably the most important.

I think once I do the Around the Bay race (30K), I'll feel better about being ready for 42 (assuming the ATB goes well).

No comments: