Sunday, October 19, 2008

Toronto International Marathon 5K


Yay for finishing my second race in 2 days!
Finishing it was about all I did though. It was just one of those runs that started off badly and finished the same way. I got a stitch in my side shortly after I started that lasted for 2 kilometres; my foot was sore because I have a nasty blister and I was tired (up at 6:15am). I had to walk more than usual, which is odd for a 5K. My time ended up being fine (the exact same pace as yesterday!!) but it was just a miserable run.

I got home around 9:00, which was shortly after the marathon started, so we walked out to Yonge Street to cheer on the participants. That was more fun than my own race! It's funny how some people looked like they were having the time of their lives and others looked like they were about to die. I wonder which of the 2 categories I'll fit into in Miami (I have a guess...).

One man stopped as he was going past us and offered to sell us his running bib... I guess he'd had enough after 6.5K!

The other good thing is that I got another medal!