Saturday, October 18, 2008

Zoo Run


Today was the Toronto Zoo Run. I was THRILLED with my time. I was really just aiming for under 1:15:00 and I blew it away, despite the hills! It seems that I don't have a very good memory from 2 years ago - I forgot how darn many hills there are in that race (not to mention how steep they are!).
It was nice weather - sunny and about 4 degrees when we started. It was a little chilly waiting around to start but I warmed up quickly once I got going. By the 5K mark, I was ready to start stripping off my clothes (everyone will be happy to know I resisted temptation).
I saw lots of animals - tigers, giraffes, elephants, gorillas, llamas. Adam somehow managed to miss all of them - I guess he was concentrating on his run!
I have another one tomorrow - a 5K this time (as part of the Toronto Marathon). I suspect my legs aren't going to be too happy that I'm going to force them to do another one so soon but they'll forgive me!

No comments: