Monday, October 13, 2008

Aha!

I've discovered the source of my heel issues... it's my golf shoes. It was feeling almost completely better this morning and then we went golfing this afternoon and by the 9th hole, I was in pain! That sucks because they're almost new shoes, but at least I've identified the problem now. And golfing is probably over anyway, at least for this year.

I didn't run my scheduled 7K yesterday. I was cooking Thanksgiving dinner from the time I got up in the morning so I just didn't have time. And today we went golfing so I didn't run either. Excuses excuses!!! I'm getting my butt back out there tomorrow if it kills me!! (I also feel like I've gained 10 pounds over the weekend so even more reason to force myself to run)

I have 2 races next weekend - the Toronto Zoo Run (10K) on Saturday and the Toronto Marathon 5K on Sunday. I'm not going to really try for any particular time in the 10K - it's a hilly route so I'm just going to treat it as a training run. The 5K though, I'm going to push for under 30 minutes. That'll be shaving 3 minutes off my best official time but I think I can do it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: