Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sports Bras

I have finally found one that I love. It's made by Moving Comfort and it is SOOOO comfortable. Being a "slightly" large-chested woman makes it difficult (to say the least) to be comfortable when running. Not only is it hard to find a sports bra that's large enough, finding enough support seems to be close to impossible. I don't know how many races I've finished with sore boobs because of all the bouncing.

Recently, I did find a couple of them that held me in, but they were so tight around the bottom that I felt bruised when I was finished. It seemed that I was either going to have to suffer with bouncy-bouncy or feel like someone was trying to cut off my air supply. Neither option was especially appealing.

Finally, at the expo yesterday, I tried on this Moving Comfort bra (the style is called Fiona). It's made especially for large-breasted women and it felt fairly comfortable. Well I wore it in my race this morning (disregarding the advise to never try anything new the day of a run) and oh my god!! I'm not in pain anywhere!!

To top it off, it actually looks nice (it's blue and doesn't look as much like a bra as most of them that are made for chesty woman do). I love it. And the best part?? It's only $45. You teeny ladies out there may not be used to paying upwards of $70 for a sports bra, but I am.

They apparently sell these womderful creations at the Running Room, but I've never seen them. Sporting Life also allegedly carries them, but I think to get the full range of sizes and colours, the internet is the way to go. I found a couple of sites that carry them and ship to Canada so I think I'm going to be stocking up.

Yay!!

No comments: