Sunday, September 21, 2008

Longboat Toronto Island Run




I did another 10K this morning - the Longboat Toronto Island Run. It was a great temperature - somewhere around 13 degrees. It was chilly waiting for the race to start but during the run, it was perfect!

It was interesting because I ended up running on about 4 different terrains. It started on pavement but then we ran on the grass for half a km or so and then on a boardwalk for the last 2K. There was a little bit of running on cement and a few hundred metres on gravel/mud. The grass was nice but I had to slow down a bit to make sure I didn't step on any uneven ground.

The post race picnic was good - BBQ burgers and hot dogs, bagels, cookies, fruit and drinks.

I was pretty happy with my time - 1:08:58. A little off my time from the last one, but not by much.
Official results to be posted soon!

No comments: