Sunday, September 7, 2008

Burlington Waterfront Trail Race

Yay!! I had a new personal best in the 5K - 31:30 - nearly 2 minutes faster than my previous PB.

It was a strange race... there was a 5K and an 8K. You could do either or, or do both and get a medal for the "Double Crown." The 5K started at 8:30 so I finished by 9:00 and then the 8K didn't start till 9:30. That was kind of a good thing because the lineup for the ladies room was a bit long...

Anyway, I finished the 5K in record time (for me) and then headed out on the 8K. I wasn't even trying for e good time in that one and I think I finished at around 55 minutes or something.

The weather was miserable. The temperature was great - probably around 14 degrees or so - but the rain was unpleasant. I was cold and covered in mud by the time I finished. But it was still better that running in humidity.

Then this morning was the Ovarian Cancer walk. I had considered running it, just to get in a run but considering the fact that my legs felt like jello this morning, I decided that was a bad idea. So I did the walk and it it actually made my legs feel a bit better.

Now I just have to hope my running shoes have dried off by tomorrow...

No comments: