Sunday, October 18, 2009

Goodlife Toronto Half Marathon

Fortunately, my hip was feeling MUCH better today so it didn't affect my race at all. I really wasn't hoping for anything other than finishing in under 2:30 again (and I missed it by 38 seconds) given that I ran 10K yesterday, so I was pretty pleased with my race. I did the first half in a little over an hour so I was on target but things sort of fell apart near the end of the race.

Overall, it was a good race (anything that's mostly downhill is good in my books). The start area could have been a bit more organized - supposedly there were corrals but I didn't see them. But the volunteers were great, there were more than enough water stations and port-a-potties and the food at the finish line was really good. I loved the fact that they had shuttle buses running from Yonge and Eglinton so I didn't have to worry about transportation.

My next one is the Angus Glen 10K the first weekend in November. And then Vegas!!!

3 comments:

Scrappytbear said...

Hey great job on the half! Are you doing the RnR in Vegas? Im planning to fly there for the half in December and meet a friend there :) Small world!

Pam said...

Hey Scrappy, sorry for taking so long to respond... didn't see your comment. Yes, I am doing the RnR, also meeting a friend there. Enjoy your race!

Unknown said...

Good thing that you enjoyed the race with good food, more water stations and more porta-potties. At least you enjoyed the race even the race was tiring.