Thursday, January 22, 2009

Less than 24 hours till I'm off to Miami

Yep, only 21 hours to go till I'll be well on my way to Miami. I'm so excited about this trip! Not only do I get to run my first half marathon ever, but I get to spend a week somewhere warm, go on a cruise, and spend a week with Mel! What more could I ask for?

So... about the race. I'm ready. It's funny... when I started training, my goal was just to complete it. They (whoever "they" are) say that that should be your goal for your first one. But then I hit the point where I realized there was no question that I could complete it. I ran 20K in a training run and made it without much trouble so I know I can do 21.1. So now my goal is to complete it in 2:30. That might be a bit optimistic and if I don't make it, I won't beat myself up but I needed some sort of challenge for myself.

We've signed up for the 5K race on Saturday as well. We're supposed to run 3K that day anyway and when we found out the 5K'ers get a medal, we decided we had to do it! We're not going to race it, just treat it as a slow run.

Anyway, my suitcases are calling my name (actually, I think it's a cat IN the suitcase that's calling) so I'd better get packing.

No comments: