Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ok... I officially NEED a Garmin!

I discovered today that not being able to keep track of distance during a run is a bad thing. The only thing worse that running a shorter distance than you’re supposed do, is running a longer distance than you’re supposed to! Today was 10K, the longest so far, and it didn’t seem like such a daunting number, since we did 9K last Sunday. Well, we did 12K today.

We decided to go run along the trail along the waterfront for a change, so I mapped it all out on RunningMap.com and figured out what 5K would be for our turnaround point. The problem with that is that RunningMap.com only shows roads and didn’t account for all the twists and turns along the trail.

We ran for an hour and 40 minutes and it felt like we were doing a fairly decent pace, so I knew it had to be more than 10K. When we got home, I found a satellite map and figured out that once you took all the twists and turns into account, our halfway point was just over 6K.

My legs are feeling like jelly and I’m not sure I’m going to be able to walk in the morning!!!

I need a Garmin!!! As soon as the Running Room has the Forerunner 405, I’m buying it!

No comments: