Monday, February 2, 2009

First real run since Miami

Other than our pathetic (1 mile) attempt to run on the cruise, I haven't been out at all since the half marathon. I got out and did 11km today and it felt really good. The temperature was above freezing for a change so that was nice... the sidewalks were in pretty icky condition... slushy/icy in some places and 6 inches of water in others, but it was still a good run, despite the wet cold feet.

I have my Chilly Half Marathom coming up on March 1st, so I'm trying to basically continue my training without taking too much of a break or a reduction in mileage. I'm cutting back a bit on my shorter runs, as I don't want to end up with an injury but I'm trying to keep up the distance with the long ones.

It's supposed to be ok weather tomorrow but then Wednesday is supposed to be a high of -13. Yuck! I think Wednesday might be my day off for this week!

No comments: