Monday, March 31, 2008

8.5K!!

Yep, that's what I ran today.

I have a 10K in exactly 34 days yet I'm apparently supposed to train for it for 11 weeks. Silly me picking a race that's too soon. So I'm "stepping up" my training and starting at week 6, which means I was supposed to run 8K for my long run last weekend. Anyway, long story short, I managed to do it but my goodness my legs feel like jello!!! Thank heavens I only have to do 3K and 4K the next 2 runs. Those will seem like a piece of cake!

I bought a new running cap today - one of those meshy ones. The best thing about it is that it has a sweatband in it that goes around my forehead. It feels much nicer than my old hat. I also bought a new pair of running pants/tights. They're the ones that end just below the knee. I figured maybe it would feel more like spring if I bought something that showed off some skin. Not so much - it just felt like I had cold legs.

On a more positive note, I saw 7 robins on my run, which must mean that spring's just around the corner, right???

1 comment:

Mel said...

Well, I saw Canada geese on my drive home from my run today...does that mean Canada Day is right around the corner??? LOL!